2 Comments

1. bballesteros

Alaa,
    I appreciated how your paper demonstrates the need of this type of program. When you described the program, I thought about “how the times of have changed” and how we know need a program that says what is considered positive versus negative behavior.

2. jphillips17

Alaa,

Personally having done research on this topic myself and I am not the biggest fan. I understand the thought behind the concept and that it has success, but does it pave the way for meaningful future success. The thing I dislike is rewarding desired behavior. This is paying for behaviors that should be natural. I think that instituting and teaching good procedures that become routines is the real way to go. I have also said that today’s problem isn’t with the kids we teach, it is with how they are raised in the home and the culture they are surrounded by. We have a duty to make sure that when they are in our care, they know exactly what is acceptable behavior and what will be tolerated. It takes a village a raise a child. In this case all the teachers need to know and enforce, with kindness, what is the desired behavior in their school.