4 Comments

1. bballesteros

Liv,
    I liked how your presentation/paper could have been done in either of the classes this past summer, since you combined PLCs with school-community relations. Your recruiting schedule was amazingly organized and easy to read. It is pretty awesome how your coaches want to implement it in the organization.
    Also, your statement “87% prefer text messaging” echoes the importance of relating to those we are trying to reach and follow digital citizenship that Rosemarie talked about. We should also exhibit a sense of professionalism when we use technology to communicate, whether it is via email, text, or Zoom.

2. amiller17

Olivia- thank you for sharing your true and real life experiences with the challenges of recruiting during a pandemic. I appreciated how open you were to doing things that may not have been your first preference in communication such as texting. I too prefer face-to-face or phone call interactions because so much is lost in text or email and can be miscommunicated or misunderstood. Your experience gave me the opportunity to rethink my position of being closed off to some forms of communication and realizing that when we are recruiting weather for a team or enrollments to our school, it’s important to meet people where they are In order to bring them to where you want them to be. Thank you for sharing.

3. jcruz28

Liv, your presentation was great! Brought back memories from my recruiting process and visits. Selling your program is huge as a recruiter but with the pandemic, it made things a little different this year but durable as you talked about a virtual tour and your zoom calls. The video of the National Championship title was a great incorporation as that’s every girls dream in any sport! Congrats again on that, truly a huge blessing! You nailed your PLC, it was very creative and I’m sure it will be successful. If one day I’m able to become a college coach, I know this will guide me into making the recruiting process that much better and easier. Congrats on all your accomplish, I wish you the best on everything!

4. gmobley

Olivia,

I love that you picked this topic for your research paper. This gives a great insight to how difficult recruiting can actually be. Competing against 400 other schools is not easy, in order to get the student-athletes that you want at your school. I think you did a great job of explaining how TLU separates themselves from the rest of the schools. You have to use every advantage you can and the National Championship is 100% a way to do this. I am sure that many people were not aware of the athletic scholarship situation at division 3 schools, and this is such a barrier for some schools. We at least that is what I thought, but you and the head coach clearly have a great system working at your school. You wrote a very informative paper!